The NorCal Board of Directors would like to thank all club representatives who attended last week’s online RAC meetings. Recognizing we do not have all the answers, yet we still need to make decisions, your opinions and advice have been extremely valuable.
There seems to be a consensus that one size does not fit all, that flexibility is necessary, (balanced against providing an even playing field for all clubs) and finally, that time may bring more clarity on when children can safely return to the soccer field. Our aim is to provide clubs some stability while recognizing the inherent right of a parent and player to choose where they play during the upcoming season.
Based on feedback from those RAC meetings and the recent extension of shelter-in-place mandates for much of the Bay Area, the NorCal Board has instituted the following changes to NorCal’s Tryout Window, effective immediately:
The Tryout Window has been postponed. New tentative dates for the 2020 Tryout Window are June 6 – June 26 (these dates may be subject to further revision as conditions change). The NorCal Board of Directors will confirm or adjust the revised Tryout Window (or a window for open player movement) by no later than May 29. This decision will be based on updated guidance from the State of California, public health authorities, US Soccer, US Club Soccer, and feedback from member clubs.
From now until the Tryout Window opens, existing NorCal rules regarding tryouts and recruiting still apply to all clubs:
NorCal will host a follow-up webinar for anyone with questions on the tryout window, the registration link is below. You are welcome to join us and ask the Executive Committee any questions you may have. Feel free to send any questions in advance to email@example.com.